C182 - 252 Conversion
This conversion allows upgrade to a 047OU (2000 hour TBO) along with a 252hp @ 2625 rpm conversion. Prop option available: McCauley 2-blade 204. Note: 1977 and newer C182 models were factory equipped with 047OU and McCauley 204 prop, therefore existing equipment may be used.
For upgrade using the 2-blade 204 propeller, installation consists of changing carburetor, tachometer, balance tube and propeller governor. For upgrade using the 3-blade Scimitar propeller, the engine mount is replaced with a "heavy duty" engine mount requiring minor firewall modification, in addition to changing the carburetor, tachometer, balance tube and propeller governor. Some early model aircraft (1964 and below) may require replacement items such as exhaust, baffling, carburetor shroud, additional engine mount hardware, etc. as well as extra labor. Labor for the STC installation is approximately 10 to 20 hours (depending on 2 or 3 blade installations) in addition to normal engine R & R for most models.
047OU (252hp @ 2625rpm) 2-Blade Propeller
047OU (252hp @ 2625rpm) 3-Blade Propeller
- 2000 TBO
- Available 252 hp @ 2625 rpm
- Maximum horsepower achieved without expense of fuel injection modification
- 300 - 400 fpm increase in rate of climb
- 8 - 10 mph increase in cruise, at gross weight
- Approximately 1 gph decrease in average fuel consumption
- Most economical cost-to-value C182 Performance Upgrade
- Decrease in operation costs over original 230 hp engine
- True airspeeds in excess of 135 mph!
C182 - 285 / 300 Conversion
These conversions allow replacement of the existing O-470 series engine to a 1700-hour TBO IO-520 or IO-550 engine with your choice of three propeller options. Your Cessna 182 is modified to accommodate a fuel-injected engine, as well as a New STC Heavy-Duty engine mount. This Heavy-Duty STC'd engine mount minimizes vibration by incorporating thicker tubes, provides additional support for the engine with the provision for larger vibration isolators installed in the two aft positions, as well as strengthening the firewall with the extra tubing.
- 1700 TBO engine
- Available 285 hp - 300 hp @ 2700 rpm
- 55 hp - 70 hp BETTER performance than Brand New C182's
- Take-off roll less than 600 feet!
- 20+ mph increase in cruise, at gross weight
- True airspeeds in excess of 180 mph!
- 1500+ fpm climb
- Carburetor ice eliminated
- VAR crankshaft with Factory Engine
- 7th Stud Crankcase with Factory Engine
- New Hartzell Scimitar 3-Blade Prop
- NEW Heavy STC Engine Mount, to minimize engine / prp vibration
- Minimal increase in fuel consumption
- Fuel Injection allows for even fuel distribution
- Tuned Fuel Injection Nozzles provide better cooling through controlled fuel / air ratio (IO550 option)